Saturday, October 17, 2009

ADS TicTacToe Revised!

A new Artz de Scrap Challenge is to make a TicTacToe. Instead of the typical game of 3x3 box grid, I made mine 4x4x4 by adding a 3rd dimension. Hence, this game is a very challenging one.
To make the boards, I used the plastic containers of the SeeD's stamps. I used 4 of the covers and I stamped a Prima My Rose window stamp 4 times using StazOn white to make a 4x4 grid. I decorated each side of the grid with AC black rubons, then colored the sides with cranberry alcohol inks. To make the TicTacToe grid stand, I used magnets underneath the bottom of the 4th cover. On top of the cover, I used magnetic sticks (Magnetic Stix & Balls) which I colored with black alcohol ink. On top of the magnetic sticks on each of the 4 corners, I placed another SeeD's plastic cover. Again, magnetic sticks and a cover were placed one on top of the other until a 4th cover is in place. This is the playing board.On one of the bottom covers of the SeeD's Stamps, I collected several Rhonna Farrer buttons. These would be the playing pieces. Because the game itself is already complicated because of the 4 layers, I decided not to decorate the buttons to avoid further confusion. In truth, I am not a button person when it comes to scrapping and I've had these buttons for so long, I decided this game is the best way to use them instead.
In general, the game is played with 2 players, playing TicTacToe. To win, you can make 4 in a row, in a column, or in a diagonal either on one level or in multiple levels. This makes this quite challenging. Also, it is possible to also have a 3rd player using different colored buttons.

Do check out the our Artz de Scrap Team's takes here.

Friday, October 16, 2009

LOST Contacts!

Has this ever happened to you? Lost your blog links with just an inadvertent press of a button? Well, this happened to me at least thrice already. And each time, it's a pain to re-establish it. So friends, please send me your blog links. I'd like to visit your site too.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Artz de Scrap Altered Tin Can + Rubber pads

For this month's challenge, we were asked to alter tin cans. I chose to use the Van Houten Chocolate Almond tin can because of its unique shape. I made it into a small purse!

To cover the tin, I got a few of my extra See D's rubber padding for stamps. I don't know about you but I just have SOOOOO many of them and they're occupying too much space in my craft area. Anyway, the half-size rubber pads were perfect for covering almost half of the tin, so I was able to use 2 1/2 pads. I did a free-cut design of a spider's web, intending to make the bag more like one Elvira would use in Halloween. Since the pads were naturally black, the design was perfect just as is!

I adhered these rubber pieces one-by-one on the outer tin using a quick-drying epoxy glue. Then I sewed Prima velvet leaves into a flower, added some silver beads for accent as well as for a handle, and got myself a bag! The bag came out pretty well, no one would ever think its just a chocolate tin can.

To check out the Artz de Scrap Teams' work, visit the website here.