Friday, July 17, 2009

Art de Scrap Journal Challenge



I made my own journal for the Artz de Scrap Challenge. I decided to recycle stuff I had plenty of. For the inside, I used tons of brown paper bags which I cut in half. I gave the other half a hand-torn look. I just punched holes on one side using my blue Zutter and walaah! I have a journal! My idea is that with each page, I can actually store ephemera as keepsakes, say when travelling. I also decided to keep the embellies to a minimum because of possible wear and tear in travelling. Also, it makes a great gift to anyone, male or female alike! I actually left the journal on top of my pile of stuff on my desk and I saw one of my co-teachers admiring it. (Mmmm. Her birthday is coming up. Maybe I should give it to her.)

Chipboard, the one that comes with the papers and kits I buy, was used for the cover. I painted it white, then misted it with Glimmer Mist Dewdrop for a glittery effect, then stamped the journal text of Tim Holtz. I adhered Sugar-coated Doodlebug alphas in black, and added a big J grungeboard which I painted black and sugar-coated as well. Bright red ribbons give a final dramatic touch.

No comments: