Saturday, September 27, 2008

Thoughts on my Vintage Style

I've always been looking for sites that cater to my vintage style. Most of my scrapper friends tell me that my style is so truly vintage that even without the absence of vintage materials, I put my own touch to it. Hence, they always say that my style is so much mine.

Really don't know about that. I do know that I like certain papers and embellies over others. However, when required to use what is there, I will make sure that the LO or the project will always still show who I am.

Why vintage? I really don't know. Maybe it's because of my love for history and for tracing my genealogy. Maybe because vintage is timeless. It already looks old and will never be out of style. Also, I like making things from ordinary materials, and coming up with special items that are new and different. I'm an out-of-the-box thinker. When given some parameters, I always want to make something that is truly unique, but still truly me. I earlier realized that I can scrap any way required, but to be truly me means even going against the odds. If that costs me a challenge, so be it. I'd rather be myself.

2 comments:

Lee i. said...

whatever you call your style, i simply it. it just shows you and what you can do.

tnapay said...

and you are so great in what you do. i share the love of vintage colors but you do so lovely in creating pages with these colors. :)