Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Pinoy Scrapbooker's Nametag Challenge

Last Sunday, I joined my first PinoyScrapbooker's EB. I had so much fun buying things from Au's Simply Scrappy Closeout Sale, and from other sellers, I just couldn't help myself! I learned how to make a mini-booklet from scratch with dimensional pop-ups from Mitch of Visual Creations, how to dismantle and make wall clock really special c/0 Cookie, and how to use Adobe Photoshop for better photos c/o Maybs. Since I was required to make a name tag, this was what I came up with. I used a peach Bazzill cardstock layered back-to-back. In front, I used Heidi Swapp Chipboard Letters Sea lowercase which I punched up with Leeho Glitter Powder, then I added Chatterbox Rub-Ons for bon-bon designs all-over. I also used the throw-away plastic for PPs to make the wrapper and tied both ends with 2 peach ponytail holders. To finish the edge of the nametag, I added Carolina's light blue to grey mini-rick-rack cord. At the back, I wrote this about my reasons for scrapping:

I scrap to live,
I live to scrap.

I like photos, journals, stories,
cardstock, vellum and PPs,
Add some fiber, rub-ons, brads,
paint, chipboards and ink pads.

Planning for a lay-out,
sitting for a time-out.
Pressure and worry,
ending in a flurry.

I scrap to live,
I live to scrap.

Funny thing is I won one of the 3 prizes for the Nametag Challenge. Everyone said, "Now, everyone will remember you!" And who wouldn't? I was walking around with this funny looking candy card around my neck!!! Complete with a wrapper! Good thing they asked us to take them off to display all of the tags on the wall.---Kidding aside, I really enjoyed this fun homework activity. I specially enjoyed the RAK that also came with it. Thanks Cabbie, Lee, Au and Nita! I didn't think I'd have fun embarassing myself, but I really did enjoy every minute of it!

2 comments:

marivic said...

Love your nametag and your layouts! I had no idea how big scrapbooking has gotten in Manila -- you even seem to have all the same supplies we have here! Keep posting those beautiful layouts -- especially the journaling which I love the most.
marivic

Candy said...

Yup! The materials are all imported and that's the very expensive part because of the profit margin of Phil.stores who are mostly on-line.
I just joined 2 fora last Aug. I've won a few contests, and even had 1 of the LOs featured in Memory Makers' On-line Gallery. You should see the others' work though. We also now have 1 Memory Maker's Master. Check out the link to Iris.---By the way, I just started my blog end of October. Check out my 1st entries there which I'm really proud of. Ikaw, Marivic, when will I see your blog?