Monday, July 21, 2008

Requiem

I've been busy making LOs but I can't post them yet. This one is called Requiem , in memory of my son's pet chick named Chickmunk. Because the whole 12x12 board is thick, I couldn't think of any other way of using it except to paint over the whole page with acrylic. This resulted on brush strokes across the page. Next I sprayed Glimmer Mist on it. The recessed areas pooled the ink into its nooks and crannies, showing off the texture of the embossing. To further emphasize the raised embossed areas, I painted white acrylic several times on top of them. I hand-torn the green vellum with the rub-ons, then sprayed 3M Adhesive Mounting Spray. I found out that it was the only thing that would stick to the Glimmer Mist.

Journal: It seemed odd: a 4-year old and a green-colored chick. You instantly bonded with each other. One needed a parent, the other needed to take care of someone. As luck would have it, you only spent 3 days in each other's company. The bond you shared however continues on in memories and dreams.

Materials: Prima 12x12 Embossed chipboard, Kaiser acrylic white, Liquitex acrylic mars black, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist graphite & olive vine, Basic Grey periphery Rub-Ons, Basic Grey Wholly Cow Rub-Ons, Fancy Pants French Market Rub-Ons, Fancy Pants Claire de lune Rub-Ons, Thickers Prancer, Grafix colored vellum, Mokuba ribbon, Tsukineko Walnut Ink, miscellaneous rhinestones, Brilliance moonlight white, Tsukineko Walnut Ink. Adhesives: 3M Mounting Spray.

No comments: