Sunday, August 24, 2008

Food for the Soul

Food for the Soul talks about my life-long love for the piano. I am no concert pianist and never aspired to be one. When I was growing up, I danced, sang, played the piano and drew. Dancing ballet was my childhood dream. Hence, playing the piano took a backseat, despite very early progress in this field. Also, I wanted to play music I liked. I didn't like to practice. I just liked to play music. Even until now, every once in a while, I sit down on the bench and play to my heart's content.

Journal reads: Each time I play the piano, it feels like I've come home. I am transported into a world of my creation. I feel the joy, the pain, the passion for life. It is food for my soul.

Materials: 12x12 scrap chipboard (from packaging), white Bazzill cs, transparency, QuickStripz Manhattan, Barbara Trombley's Vintage Glass Glitter 610 Onyx fine, Rhonna Farrer Phrase RubOns, BG Wholly Cow RubOns, Luxe There's the Rub, Chip Chatter Alpha Essentials, Prima flowers, Hot Off the Press chocolate brad pack, Karen Foster Nickel Heirloom, mm black ink. Adhesives: All About Scrapbooking rubber foam sheets. Stamp: Fancy Pants From the Garden. Diecut: Quickutz Sophisticate. Adhesives: Ms Elizabeth's double-sided roller tape, Polar Bear Photo Memory Mounting Tape, UHU Bastel Kleber, UBL foam adhesive, Tombow Mono Aqua, 3M Spray Mount.

Techniques used: no background paper except for chipboard, using transparency of the negative of my favorite sheet music for background and the positive of the sheet music to make the paper for the flowers, raising piano keys with foam sheets to show dimension of piano keys, pasting of cut hands to appear like the fingers are on top of the raised keys, stamping, using vintage glass, handwritten journal, hand blade cutting to shape grand piano pocket for journal, handmade flower and swirls.

No comments: