Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Time Passes

This is my first time to alter a canvas and was I challenged! I've painted acrylics in the past but I've never used it any other way. Although I could slap more paint and collage on it, I felt it just wasn't me. Hence, I ended up painting, sewing and slashing it. Scrappin' Moms Challenge really made me think more about the canvas in a different way and I'm afraid I just wasn't able to make as much texture as I'd like. You see, I only made it that evening of the deadline. That's what I get for suddenly deciding to join even at so short a time left.

Oh, the photograph is of me when I was very young. Cute ko noon, 'no? I used rub-ons to make the photograph look like a clock.

Journal reads: Time passes slowly when young, moderately in our teens, and quickly as an adult. Life reveals itself in time.

Materials: UBL 9x11 canvas, Heidi Swapp metallic clock rub-ons, mm Scrapbook colors celery, acorn & chocolate, K-ology Alpha Stickers, Prima mulberry Leaves, Craft Express dried leaves assorted colors, Craft Express handmade paper flowers, Kotex gold thread, Petaloo Palette of Petals daisy Retro Rage, StazOn Black, Queen & Co felt border leaves. Stamp: Inque Boutique Narrative Elements.

1 comment:

Anesha said...

Hi Nice Blog .In this, the body is studied by regions rather than by organs. This is of importance to the surgeon who exposes different planes after the skin incision and who, of course, must be perfectly familiar with structures as he explores the limbs and Human anatomy cavities.