Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Time Passes

This is my first time to alter a canvas and was I challenged! I've painted acrylics in the past but I've never used it any other way. Although I could slap more paint and collage on it, I felt it just wasn't me. Hence, I ended up painting, sewing and slashing it. Scrappin' Moms Challenge really made me think more about the canvas in a different way and I'm afraid I just wasn't able to make as much texture as I'd like. You see, I only made it that evening of the deadline. That's what I get for suddenly deciding to join even at so short a time left.

Oh, the photograph is of me when I was very young. Cute ko noon, 'no? I used rub-ons to make the photograph look like a clock.

Journal reads: Time passes slowly when young, moderately in our teens, and quickly as an adult. Life reveals itself in time.

Materials: UBL 9x11 canvas, Heidi Swapp metallic clock rub-ons, mm Scrapbook colors celery, acorn & chocolate, K-ology Alpha Stickers, Prima mulberry Leaves, Craft Express dried leaves assorted colors, Craft Express handmade paper flowers, Kotex gold thread, Petaloo Palette of Petals daisy Retro Rage, StazOn Black, Queen & Co felt border leaves. Stamp: Inque Boutique Narrative Elements.

No comments: