Saturday, August 23, 2008

MMM'09 Entries- What Matters Most in Kindergarten

This is a photo of the original LO I sent to MMM'09. The main photograph is me in kindergarten, right before I performed in the title role of a school play. I was about 5 years old then. I also included a small photograph of the current me. I had fun making the flower of the hidden journal because I used glitter to make a mosaic of the big flower.

Journal reads: In Kindergarten, I learned many things about myself. I learned how to make friends. I learned I was good at art, music and dance. I learned I thought differently from others. I could empathize with and feel what others feel. I saw what others didn't. I became self-aware. I became an individual unique in every way. I became an artist, always strugling to know herself through her work.

Materials: Bo Bunny Paris Garland, Bazzill cs brown, DCWV cs old rose, Colorbox Caribbean, ProvoCraft Eco Africa Plant Paper & Wire Frame, Diasyd's Cardstock Diecuts Remember Journalling Tags, StazOn timber brown, Prima Postage Stamp Alphas, BG Sultry RubOns, mm Springtime brads, misc. ribbons & lace, Elit Tracing Paper, Doodlebug Sugar Coating Glitter, Tsukineko Walnut Ink. Stamp: See-d's Majestic Flight Stamp. Adhesives: UHU Bastel Kleber, Glue Dots vellum, UBL foam tape, Tombow Mono aqua.

Techniques used: stamping, handpaper tearing, precision blade cutting, distressingt, inking with walnut ink, sewing lace on 2 layers of ribbons, glitter mosaic.

1 comment:

Jona Panesa said...

wow candy. super beautiful ng LO's mo. parang gusto ko na rin iscrap little girl photos ko ah. kaso bungi ako ng bata e.