Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Scrapbukan GDT LOs - Happily Ever After

When Sahrie sent in the package of scrapping materials, she didn't tell me what the theme was. I took the cue from the rub-ons she sent which was on weddings. Since it was the first time for me to scrap any wedding picture, I attacked this project with gusto. It was fortunate that it was still Christmas Vacation then. I ended up doing not just the required 3, but 4 LOs. In fact, I was so much into the wedding train of LOs, I ended up doing my Lasting Impression Challenge on my wedding as well. Then, I even had the gumption to start a mini-wedding album. Unfortunately, I lost steam to finish this. Will probably do so some other time.

HAPPILY EVER AFTER:Our story shows how God determines our destiny.
I met Arn when I was a freshman and he was a sophomore in college. We both joined the Ateneo Catechetical Instruction League (ACIL) at the same time. Because we saw each other at least twice a week, we became close. I grew up with 4 sisters, so I considered him a brother, someone I could tell my secrets to, even my crushes in school. But apparently, he felt differently. He wanted more. It was something I wasn’t ready for. He was my first suitor.

Eight years passed. We matured, struggled with our own careers and our own desires for companionship. Our paths crossed once more when I joined Confraternitas Jesu, a psycho-spiritual group that seeks to help us learn who we really are. Some of its members are friends from our college days. Arn and I rekindled our friendship, but we never talked about the past.

A few months later, in one of our weekly meetings, I was blindsided by the brilliance of Arn’s logic. We were talking about Confra’s constitution, and he alone saw something that everyone else did not. A week before our Holy Week Retreat, I confided to a friend about my new crush.

As God seemed to pre-ordain it, everything fell into place. This time, I courted him. I called him up, would visit him at work, and even made moves I wouldn’t have thought I could do. Even our Confra friends conspired to bring us together. This time, everything worked. It was meant to be. We were meant to live happily ever after. God said so. Cross my heart.

No comments: