Thursday, February 7, 2008

That Man I Married

This LO is my first of my hubby. This past January, I was working so much on wedding LOs for Scrapbukan, that I got inspired to make a mini-wedding album, which is still unfinished, and this LO of Arn.

Em Magpoc's beautiful sketch for Scrapbytes (Feb. 2008) is what I used to make this lay-out. I am so glad because hubby's wedding photo was just perfect for it.

I had a hard time making the journal, but I found a perfect poem to show the sentiments I feel for this man. It reads:


You are my earth and all that earth implies:
The gravity that ballasts me in space,
The air I breathe, the land that stills my cries
For food and shelter against devouring days.
You are the earth whose orbit marks my way
And sets my north and south, my east and west,
You are the final elemental clay
The driven heart must turn to for its rest.


Excerpt from Angela Manalang Gloria’s “To the Man I Married,” an early 20th century Filipino poet.

No comments: