Friday, February 29, 2008

To Russia With Love


I've always wanted to visit Russia. Blame it on my childhood obsession on ballet. I've always been intrigued by the mystery behind the iron curtain, the development of the highest standards for dance. When Peek Into Yesterday had a challenge on Fantasy Destinations, it was such an obvious choice.

I was hoping I could use actual Dove of the East Russia papers, but no such luck. I ended up using a Japan paper called Kimono Silk. Nevertheless, I like how the silk cloth design still looked eastern european. With a little cutting here and there, the Kimono Silk became the Red Square. Since it was a fantasy destination, I didn't know what photo would fit when I haven't even been there. In the end, I decided to make a photo passport as the center of the LO.

Journal reads: See the sights. Taste the culture. Love the life. (Inside the passport) To visit the wonders of Russia, the Red Square, the Kremlin, St. Petersberg, the Kirov Ballet... all a life-long dream. My fantasy.

No comments: