Monday, April 7, 2008

Cards for the Graduates and for the Carmelites

Scrapbytes (Mar'08 issue) asked me to make 3 cards for the Graduates. Truth is I had a little difficulty making cards because of the size. Of course, it was the perfect opportunity to use my accumulated paper scraps. These cards were donated to the Carmelite Nuns of Tarlac, a contemplative religious group, for their solicitations.

Yesterday, we visited these nuns, for whom we had the March 8 Fundraiser, to turn over the amount we raised for their chapel. We also accumulated 200+ handmade cards from our fellow scrappers fot them. The nuns were so impressed by the cards, they asked us, Lee, Jenn and I, to teach them how to make them! After seeing my friend Lee's album, they also wanted us to teach them how to do scrapbook LOs! The nun's child-like demeanor endeared them to us which was why we just couldn't say no. This means, my friends and I have to visit them again some other time to share with them what we know as well as some scrapbooking materials we can gather for them.

1 comment:

CraftFairy said...

Pretty cards. Lucky recipients!